Today was Monday of the bank holiday weekend here in Ireland. We had the day to walk around Killarney and do a whee bit of shopping in prep for the start of our hike tomorrow.
We enjoyed a short hike today as we followed the Dingle coastline up and around to the northern side. We walked 15 km and only 50 m of elevation gain, mostly coming out of Dunquin.. Leaving our air Bnb this morning in Dunquin. Horses grazing in the distant peninsula. We stopped for a bit this morning at a gallery of a renown Irish potter, Louis Mulcahy at Clothar. Amazing gallery - highly recommend. Just after this, in the village, a group of 3 tractors pulling silage equipment came on us one after the other at high speed. It was a dicey moment for sure on the narrow windy road with nowhere to go. Not long after we stopped in to “it must be dingle” art studio owned by Martine Moriarty. A sweet space w Martine popping over from her house to join us in the studio, a really lovely lady she was. Reminder to buy How Now Dingle Cow for the girls, online. Below is a photo of the exterior wall as you walk up to the studio. Shortly after thi...
June 24-27 I hopped on a few trains and underground transfers from Stansted and arrived in Winchester at 330 and Shane picked me up at the station. Was so lovely to spend time with Shane, Melanie and Max’s younger brother, Hugo in their own home and see where Max grew up. Out for a dog walk w Shane on Tuesday night. On wed morning I headed out after a session w Melanie the night before on a circle route walk of the neighborhood. I said I would like to make dinner wed night so I went to Cobbs Farm Market on my way home. It was 12.5 km but the hardest part was the last 2.5 km with all the good food and wine in my back pack. My back pack was a very heavy unit lol. As I was walking by the Kingsworthy golf academy I stopped in for a latte. Best coffee so far and highly recommend The Kitchen. Food looked so good as well. Next stop was Cobbs after putting on an extra 2 km getting onto Farmers Lane. Note to Jill not all trails through farm...
After all the shenanigans on our first day in Kilarney I woke up and opened “all trails” to see our options for our last day together. Barb agreed to a moderate hike up to Torc Mountain and off we went. We took the red tour bus from Kilarney info centre which makes several stops that you can hop off and on during the day. Our driver was giving us tidbits all the way to the falls parking lot, which was the last stop, and the trail head. I said to Barb “isn’t this nice we get a bit of a tour without even trying for one” Below and above is on our way up. Nice to be out in the green hills again. A 360 video from the top. Glad we went but we were a bit chilled from the wind. The hike was 12.5 km and 375 metres in elevation. After an early night in Kilarney we were in bed early in preparation for the onward travel day. Barb to Dublin to fly home and I was flying from Kerry to London Stansted and then making my way to Melanie and Sha...
Comments
Post a Comment